- 250g butter, chopped
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (rolled oats)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 3 Baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the butter and syrup in a small saucepan over moderate heat. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until melted
- Mix together flour, sugar and oats in a medium bowl, gradually stir in butter mixture. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place on prepared trays and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping trays halfway halfway through, or until golden. Cool on trays.