Contributed by Mel Reeves
- 300g (2 cups) 4 roses self-raising flour
- 125g (2/3 cup) soft brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g butter, melted and cooled slightly*
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk*
- 2 eggs**
- 3 large (700g) ripe bananas, mashed
- Golden or maple syrup, to serve (optional)
* Dairy Free:
Replace butter with 125g dairy-free margarine
Replace milk with 125ml (1/2 cup) rice milk
** Egg Free:
Replace 2 eggs with equivalent egg replacement
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Sift the flour, sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the butter (or margarine), milk (or rice milk) and eggs (or egg replacer) together.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients with the mashed bananas, use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spoon.
- Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into slices drizzled with syrup (if desired).