- 3 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 190g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Prepare a 12 hole muffin tray by lining it with muffin cases.
- Using an electric mixer, flour, sugar, butter and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat into main flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown and skewer comes out clean, approx 25 mins for fresh berries and 30 mins for frozen.
- Cool for 5 mins in pan then transfer to cooling rack.