Crushed Pineapple Fritters
- 1 ½ cups Four Roses Plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda or 2 to 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until combined, mixture will be thick.
- Heat oil in large saucepan or pan. Oil needs to be at least 2cm deep and be about 175 degrees Celsius.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture into oil.
- Fry for about 2 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve with a sprinkling of sugar and ice cream or cream.