Made by Anne-Maree Wilkins (CWA) Annies Kitchen, Flinders Island
- 1 teaspoon Golden Syrup
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 teaspoons dried yeast
- 5 cups 4 roses flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine golden syrup with water in jug. Mix in yeast, leave in a draught free place for 10mins until yeast is frothy.
- Mix 3 cups of flour and salt in a large basin, stir in yeast mixture with olive oil. Mix well for 3 minutes, then slowly add remaining flour until dough is able to be handled.
- Knead on a floured surface until it is smooth and springy.
- Place in clean oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth and leave somewhere warm for 1½ hours – should be double in size.
- Knock it down, knead again quickly and shape.
- Place onto oiled baking tray, cover with floured cloth and leave for 30minutes.
- Top with olive oil and your favourite fresh herbs or cheese or pizza base or push olives into top.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 20-30 minutes until crisp and brown.
- Serve warm.