- 3 eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 120g Four Roses self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 10g butter, melted
- 65g milk
- 20g cocoa powder
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a lamington tin.
- In a bowl beat together eggs and sugar until thick and creamy. Sift in flour (kids love to help with sifting) then gently fold until well combined. Pour into the greased tin then bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 20 minutues.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack then cut into smaller squares and place in the fridge to firm up for about 2 hours, uncovered.
- Stir together butter, milk and cocoa powder. Once well mixed stir in the icing sugar.
- This is the fun, messy part. Get the kids to help to dip the cool cake squares into the icing mixture then into the coconut. Place on wire rack and allow to reach room temperature. ENJOY!