Passionfruit Melting Moments
Recipe provided by Mandy Agrawal (CWA)
- 185g butter- softened
- 90g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 185g plain flour- sifted
- 60g cornflour- sifted
- 60g butter – softened
- 300g icing sugar- sifted
- Pulp from 3-4 passionfruit
- Cream butter and sugar, add flour and cornflour.
- Knead well, and then form into balls.
- Press flat with fork.
- Bake in oven heated to 150°C for approx. 20 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Put almond or cherry on top or add a dessertspoon of cinnamon to mix or swap icing flavour as a change
- Beat butter with half the icing sugar until pale.
- Add remaining icing sugar and pulp from passionfruit and beat until fluffy.
- Spread passionfruit icing onto half biscuits, using a knife or piping bag with star nozzle. Top with remaining biscuit half, and dust with icing sugar.