Recipe provided by Mandy Agrawal (CWA)
- 1 cup Four Roses S.R flour
- a pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon bi-carb
- ½ cup sour milk (add drop vinegar or lemon juice to milk)
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 dessert spoon of melted butter
- Freshly whipped cream and jam for serving
- Sift dry ingredients, add sugar and mix to a smooth batter with egg and milk then add melted butter.
- Heat pan (preferably non-stick or electric frypan) and grease lightly.
- Drop batter by dessertspoon into pan, cook until bubbly on top and light brown on bottom then turn and cook on other side.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream and jam.