Contributed by Joanna Leslie
- 2 tabs softened butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Four Roses self raising flour
- 1 extra tab softened butter, set aside
- 1 tab castor sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon, combined and set aside to sprinkle on top
- Pre heat oven to 170 fan forced.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Alternate adding flour and milk 1/3 of each at a time, and mix between each addition until just combined.
- Mix until smooth, then pour into a lined loaf tin or small round tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.